Just under 3 weeks to Christmas (Woohoo!)
Stay healthy this Christmas and indulge in the goodness of homemade cooking….
Here’s a really special recipe to help you celebrate Christmas in style.
A delicious gingerbread cake topped with walnuts and whipped coconut cream! YUM right!
This is a really simple and easy to follow recipe that will definitely impress your loved ones….
1/2 cup polenta
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1 tbsp ginger powder
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of pink salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp milled flaxseed + 5 tbsp hot water)
For the whipped coconut cream
2 cans full fat coconut milk – refrigerate overnight, discard the liquid and use the solid part only
1 to 2 tbsp stevia – use more or less to taste!
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
The Yummy Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 170°C
- Prepare the flax eggs by mixing 2 tbsp milled flaxseed with 5 tbsp hot water. Leave to set for 15 minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, and then add all of the wet ingredient and the flax eggs.
- Transfer the mix to a round cake tin lined with baking sheet paper and bake for 25 minutes..
- Remove the cake form the oven and add the walnuts. Bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before icing.
The Tasty Whipped Cream:
- In a separate bowl, include the solid part of the cooled cans of coconut milk.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla to the mix and whip on high speed for around 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly over the cake.
Et voila, you’ve just created a delicious healthy desert for your Christmas holiday!