A delicious Soul warming recipe for a drink which is perfect to share with your tribe around a fire as we welcome cooler Autumn nights. Put the challenge out there and have your friends all make a batch then get together to try different versions. A great excuse to get together before the less sociable months of Winter are upon us!
4X large organic apples
1x Organic pear
1X Organic orange
1X Cinnamon Quill
Half a Grated Nutmeg
9 Cups of Water
Honey to taste
- Core the apples and pears and cut into quarters. No need to peel.
- Cut orange into slices.
- Put all fruit, along with the water, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg (tie these into some cheese cloth so that they are easily removed), into the slow cooker. Set on low for 8 hours
- Once cooked, remove the cinnamon sticks, the spices and as much fruit as possible.
- Pour remaining liquid into a blender (Do this in 2 batches), blend, and then pour through a fine mesh sieve and into a clean container.
- Pour the cider back into the slow cooker, and set to keep warm.
- Serve warm, and use some honey to sweeten if required. Garnish with some orange and apple slices.
Enjoy with friends!